Following the set objectives, we started the project with an SEO-audit. Not only did we complete a technical check but we also conducted a full SEO-audit, which included all external and internal factors that could impact promotion and development of the project. We analyzed main competitors and defined how they work with links and content optimization.
Based on all the preparatory work and the analysis we formed a working strategy for the next 6 months.
Six months later we conducted a full analysis of the received results and corrected the strategy for the upcoming period.
It is important to understand that there’s no use in studying the results of work during the first months because you just do not have enough data.
The minimum period to analyze the effectiveness of work is 6 months from the beginning of the project.
Also, we completed monthly monitoring and control tasks:
As it was already mentioned, we started the project with full SEO-audit and the check of all possible factors that influence site ranking or indexing. Our developers eliminated all found shortcomings and worked on the technical side of the website so it met all the necessary requirements of search engines. Yet still, there were external factors that also could create obstacles and slow down the promotion.
We also analyzed our competitors’ working strategies to maximally increase the effectiveness of our own strategy based on these results. It’s important to know what methods are used by the competitors and what pace you should choose. If you will not do that, you may be forever left behind the other companies while we aimed to become a leader in the field of spare parts for electric tools.
After the aforementioned works were completed we already had the 6-month strategy and the website ready for promotion. The point is that we opened the website for indexing on the second month of the project having previously integrated all the services necessary to collect data and monitor store development. After that, we started to form semantic kernels, optimize website categories and placed the first links to the resource.
An effective way to launch a new online store is to place informative articles on the most visited sites, and we used it. As the result, the customer’s resource got a positive reputation and first potential buyers who followed the links in the articles. For sure, this was not enough to keep the online store fully operational. We continued to gradually increase the number of backlinks to the website, which gave promising search engines results. Low and a few medium frequency queries got top ranking, so the number of visitors increased and we got first sales.
After the 6-month work, we got enough data to analyze and correct our strategy. During this half of a year, we managed to reach 500 organic unique visitors per day and positive ROI. However, having analyzed all the data we concluded that online store conversion rate was still quite low. It was decided to allocate a part of the budget to write reviews and product descriptions as this will increase the customers’ trust to the store.
During six months we optimized all priority categories, so for the next 6-month period we developed a strategy intended to increase website visibility. We decided to rely on “category+brand” search requests, which are pretty popular in this category, and use different filters. Therefore, we developed the functionality that allowed to create and optimize a static page based on the filter.
We continued the work for another 6 months, during which we covered a significant part of search requests related to electric tools spare parts and ensured that priority categories got top positions. This way we met our goals and turned the online store into a strong player in this segment of the internet market.
Visitors per day from organic search
Online store ROI