The e-commerce world is always about alternatives or competitors. Hotjar also has alternatives. Not only can your customers go to another company or website – you, as a business owner, also have a choice. This choice is related to every process, including the tools you use for website analytics.
Since its launch in 2014, Hotjar has significantly advanced in its popularity. Today, it’s one of the most renowned alternatives for online business. Although Hotjar deserves all the credit it gets, its competitors may be more suitable in some cases.
Many online resources rush to start tracking their visitor behavior so much that they skip the preparatory stage. This stage is essential to pick the optimum service among a gazillion of alternatives and competitors. The right choice may save you money and provide valuable data.
To help you select software with the necessary features, we have completed this detailed overview. It’s not a rating of 17 best Hotjar alternatives and competitors, so that you may disregard the positioning. We want to highlight the main Hotjar features and compare them to the characteristics of other products, including pros and cons, prices, and the availability of free versions.
You will also learn more about what heatmap tools can do for your website and visitor behavior analytics.
Best Hotjar Alternatives:
What is a Heatmap?
Heatmap is web analytics software that displays the data on visitor activity with the help of color-coding. This means that the statistics on visitor interactions are converted into the corresponding color and shade. The level of heat reflects the level of visitor activity. The places that were clicked the most often are yellow and red, whereas ignored spots are cold blue or green.
Although some other alternatives also display the number of clicks, scrolls, and other statistics, color-coding is the most common way to present visitor behavior.
Why You Need a Heatmap
The tools like Google Analytics and their alternatives show which pages are the most popular among users, but there is one key thing they cannot do. They don’t provide metrics on how visitors behave, what makes them convert, and what nudges them into leaving. For this purpose, you will have to use a heatmap. HotJar, Plerdy, Crazy Egg, Mouseflow, Clicky, Zoho Pagesense, Ptengine, and other web analytics competitors can help you step into your visitors’ shoes. Their features allow you to see where website visitors stop, what order they click elements, how deep they scroll pages and more.
Components of Heatmaps
Heatmapping software is a broad category that comprises several types of tools. The features of every product vary depending on the provider. Whereas some companies focus on click collection, other competitors specialize in screen recording and scroll tracking.
In most cases, mapping software comprises:
This type of website analytics maps shows the areas visitors hover with their mouse the most often. The creators of such software believe that the cursor’s position reflects the way we look at the page. For example, if most visitors focus on a specific place, the spot is trendy. In case the element located there isn’t that important, you should replace it with something critical like a Buy button or its alternatives. This, way hover maps help to understand where to add calls-to-action, buttons, and other elements that make website visitors convert.
The main problem with such software is accuracy. Although the cursor position shows how users navigate the website, it doesn’t correspond to their eyes. A person may leave the cursor in one area and continue reading the page without touching it. This will adversely affect the results. Still, hover maps can provide valuable insights if combined with more accurate alternatives or heatmapping competitors.
Click maps look similarly to hover maps. Yet, the algorithms of these alternatives differ. Click maps are based on aggregated click data. In other words, unlike their hover competitors, they calculate completed clicks. The more clicks, the warmer the element, and vice versa.
Click maps are a valuable resource to optimize your website design and usability. They show when visitors click inactive elements or try to use the URLs that lead to nowhere. What’s the point here? Let’s talk numbers. 57% of users won’t recommend a company with a poorly designed mobile website; 38% – can leave a web resource because of an unattractive layout or content. Aggregated click data shows what website elements confuse visitors and need a redesign.
Such maps reflect how far visitors scroll your web page and where they decide to leave. This kind of heatmapping alternatives isn’t critical if you run a simple website with short web pages. Still, there are several cases when scroll maps are essential. For example, they effectively help to optimize long forms or landing pages. You get a chance to see how much patience your visitors have and what makes them lose it. Maybe, it’s a field that asks to provide their phone number? Or a Subscribe button? You never know unless you use a scroll map.
Besides, scroll maps are an excellent tool to evaluate your content. They allow peeking into the reading patterns of website visitors and show the places where critical marketing information is likely to be noticed. This information isn’t available in Google Analytics.
Remember that a combination of several tools that complement each other is always better than one tool. Therefore, make sure to pick a product that unites the listed features and provides a bird’ eye view of your website’s performance. Fortunately, there are so many competitors and alternatives that the choice is crazy wide.
What is Hotjar and What it Can Do For Your Website?
Hotjar is a multifunctional tool for website analytics and visitor behavior tracking. It allows you to get detailed information on how visitors browse your website. It doesn’t substitute Google Analytics or similar alternatives and competitors. Hotjar completes their data. It was designed for website owners and marketers who want to stay updated on their customers’ tastes and preferences. Nothing can tell what your visitors like better than the way they behave.
Hotjar consists of a traditional set of heatmaps (click, move, and scroll) and provides excellent form analysis features. Here are some more details on both features.
- Heatmapping software is one of the most renowned features of this product. It provides everything necessary to see how visitors perceive your website and navigate. Besides, Hotjar records and displays data by device type (desktops, mobiles, and tablets). This lets you view separate statistics on the desktop and responsive versions of your web resource. Sometimes, mobile versions have subtle flaws that, despite not being noticeable on desktops, make smartphone users go to your competitors. Tuning up your website usability, you will be able to improve customer retention and make your business more profitable.
- Form analysis (predictably) helps to see how visitors interact with your online forms. You can discover which fields are left unfilled or why people decide to abandon a form. This data is a wonderful resource to adapt your forms to visitors’ preferences and increase your response rate. The higher response rate, the more conversions you have. Note that not all Hotjar alternatives and competitors support form analysis.
As you can see, the main purpose of the Hotjar features is detailed website analytics. This is one of the most popular mapping tools used by website owners and marketers to perfect their web resources and customer experience.
The price of this service is very flexible. The cost depends on the number of pageviews/ day collected and additional features. It is worth mentioning that for paid plans, Hotjar offers a 15-day trial and 30-day money-back guarantee. This approach allows users to evaluate the features of Hotjar and compare it to other alternatives and competitors before they subscribe.
Generally, there are 3 subscription plans:
- Personal. This plan can be either Basic (test mode) or Plus. The Basic subscription will cost you nothing. You will get a chance to collect 2,000 pageviews/day with limited reports and 365-day data storage. In case these Hotjar features cannot satisfy your needs, you can switch to Personal Plus for €29/month to get 10,000 pageviews/day, unlimited reports, and unlimited users.
- Business. From €89 to €589 per month, Business Hotjar provides advanced features and removes Hotjar branding elements from polls, surveys, etc. The cheapest option supports 20,000 pageviews/day, the most expensive – 400,000 pageviews/day.
- Agency. Maximum Hotjar features discussed on a per-customer basis.
The tool integrates with:
- and more…
Hotjar Support, Documentation, and Data Security
This service has taken care of its customers and created detailed manuals and a step-by-step guide on every feature. There are also FAQs and an explanation of the differences between Hotjar and Google Analytics.
Besides, Hotjar is committed to customer data security and became fully GDPR compliant even before it came into force. The process of data collection with Hotjar is strictly regulated and transparent. Make sure to consider data privacy every time you test any of the available alternatives and competitors.
We also recommend that you read the next articles:
- Compare Hotjar VS Crazy Egg
- Compare Hotjar VS Lucky Orange
- Compare Hotjar VS Fullstory
- Compare Hotjar VS Mouseflow
Best Hotjar Alternatives and Competitors to Consider in 2021
The website analytics industry is rapidly growing with the regular launch of new tools. Therefore, you should never refuse from other competitors and alternatives that can substitute Hotjar. It well may be that their features and pricing will be advantageous to your case. Let’s take a look at the best options you may test in 2021.
Plerdy as One of the Alternatives
Plerdy is a CRO & SEO platform that helps business owners, marketers, CRO, SEO, and UX/UI professionals grow their online business relying on accurate user behavior data.
Plerdy already includes 7 products:
- PopUP Forms
- SEO checker
- Session Replay
- Event Tracking
- Sales Performance
- Conversion Funnel.
Thanks to a unique algorithm, Plerdy records visitor behavior data with 99% accuracy and immediately processes it to display in real-time. By the way, real-time data is unavailable in many of the alternatives and competitors listed below.
Comparing Hotjar vs. Plerdy, for example, Plerdy heatmap is better than:
- Data is tied to specific elements and doesn’t look like unrelated color spots.
- All data is displayed on website pages in real-time instead of screenshots.
- Plerdy collects clicks on dynamic elements.
- All reports are available both for mobile and desktop devices.
- Data segmentation by traffic channel.
- Data segmentation by user group.
- Data segmentation by country.
- First, click testing.
- Sales impact analysis for each element.
- And much more.
Each of the Plerdy products helps solve at least 6-10 business or marketing problems.
Pros of Plerdy as One of the Competitors
- Unlike Hotjar, Plerdy collects data on dynamic objects
- Affordable prices
- 99% data accuracy
- Individual tags for event tracking
- Visitor segmentation by traffic channel
- SEO alerts with updates about website performance and changes
- 14-day trial for any subscription plan
Cons of Plerdy as One of the Competitors
- No data export
Econom – $29, Business – $59, Premium – $99, Enterprise – discussed individually. The pricing influences the number of pageviews, active pages, months of data storage, smart form functionality, and other additional features. Also, paid subscriptions allow you to collect data on all types of devices and remove Plerdy branding.
Plerdy Free Version
Mouseflow as One of the Alternatives
Mouseflow is a website conversion platform with a classic set of features: several types of maps, forms, session replay, and sales funnel analytics. It helps you understand the behavior of your website visitors and, most importantly see what makes them leave a sales funnel. Mouseflow integrates with Google Analytics, Shopify, PrestaShop, Magento, and other popular CRM and marketing alternatives.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Mouseflow
According to customer reviews, Hotjar is easier to use than Mouseflow and provides more decent customer support. Besides, it stores analytics data for 1 year, which is at least two times longer than Mouseflow.
Both competitors can be used to track customer conversion funnel and website behavior. The alternatives have almost the same trial period for paid subscriptions: 14 days (Mouseflow) and 15 days (Hotjar)
Mouseflow has an affiliate program that is unavailable in Hotjar.
Pros of Mouseflow as One of the Competitors
- JS error tracking that identifies website bugs
- Affiliate program
Cons of Mouseflow as One of the Competitors
- Data accuracy issues on mobile devices
- Like many of its competitors, Mouseflow doesn’t collect clicks on dynamic objects
Starter – €29/month, Growth – €99/month, Pro – €399/month, Enterprise – discussed on an individual basis
Mouseflow Free Version
Not available but you can start a free trial
Crazy Egg as One of the Alternatives
Crazy Egg asks visitors to subscribe once they open its website. Although a 30-day trial is an attractive offer, many people may refuse to share their contact information right away. Among Hotjar competitors, Crazy Egg is known for its Confetti filter that allows tracking referral sources to see where your website visitors come from. You can also choose from other metrics such as time of day, operating system, device type, campaign source, browser type, and more.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Crazy Egg
Both competitors offer heatmap reports supported on mobile devices. You can see how visitors interact with your website and content depending on various factors. Besides, Hotjar and Crazy Egg provide scroll maps. Hotjar includes a move map feature that Crazy Egg doesn’t have, whereas Crazy Egg has a 30-day trial (compared to 15 days of Hotjar)
Pros of Crazy Egg as One of the Competitors
- Confetti filter with easily customizable variables for traffic segmentation
- 30-day trial
- Crazy Egg has no compatibility issues that sometimes happen with Hotjar and other alternatives
Cons of Crazy Egg as One of the Competitors
- No move map
- No API access
Crazy Egg Pricing
Basic – $24/month, Standard – $49/month, Plus – $99/month, Pro – $249/month, Custom – discussed on an individual basis
Crazy Egg Free Version
Not available but you can start a free trial
Lucky Orange as One of the Alternatives
Unlike its competitors, Lucky Orange lowers prices to make visitor analytics features available to any website owner. For this price, you will get access to your personal Lucky Orange dashboard, conversion funnels, visitor recordings, heatmaps, form analytics, visitors polls, and, most importantly, chats.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Lucky Orange
The cost of the Lucky Orange Starter subscription is one of its key advantages over Hotjar. If you have a very limited budget, this may be a valid reason to opt for Lucky Orange. Besides, you should pick this option from all Hotjar competitors if you need live chats. Other than that, Hotjar provides broader functionality and better performance.
Pros of Lucky Orange as One of the Competitors
- You can use Lucky Orange to add user chat to your website
- Lucky Orange price starts at $10 per month, which is lower than the majority of other alternatives and competitors
Cons of Lucky Orange as One of the Competitors
- You cannot delete unnecessary recordings
- Slow data processing
- Lucky Orange has an inconvenient UI
Lucky Orange Pricing
Starter – $10/month, Small Business – $20/month, Medium – €50, Large – €100, Enterprise – discussed on an individual basis
Lucky Orange Free Version
Not available but you can start a free Lucky Orange trial
Freshmarketer as One of the Alternatives
Freshmarketer is a marketing automation tool powered by Freshworks. It’s one of 13 tools currently available from this provider. Freshmarketer automatically detects a device type to display the necessary heatmap format and includes a built-in split testing feature. Thanks to this, you won’t need a separate tool for A/B testing.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Freshmarketer
The biggest concern of Freshmarketer users is its price. While the majority of Hotjar alternatives fall under the same price range (monthly subscription starts from around $30), Freshmarketer is at least 1.5 times more pricey. Since Freshmarketer is actively developed, users often complain about some bugs. On the other hand, Hotjar is a well-tested product with smooth performance. If you want more information, you can check a separate Freshmarketer’s document comparing it with Hotjar as one of the alternatives.
Pros of Freshmarketer as One of the Competitors
- Chrome plugin for A/B testing
- Live statistics on dynamic elements
- Data backup in multiple locations
Cons of Freshmarketer as One of the Competitors
- Freshmarketer is more expensive than Hotjar and its other competitors or alternatives
- Bugs and slower performance
Garden – $49/month, Estate – $99/month (if paid annually)
Freshmarketer Free Version
Sessioncam as One of the Alternatives
Sessioncam is a mouse tracking and session recording software that comprises maps, session replay features, form analytics, error detection, and customer journey mapping. It’s the best of Hotjar alternatives if you want to get recordings of visitor behavior. Yet note that it takes a lot of time to process such videos.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Sessioncam
Sessioncam provides insufficient information about its prices and features. According to the reviews, it’s more expensive than Hotjar and is more suitable for medium and large enterprises.
Pros of Sessioncam as One of the Competitors
- Calculates customer struggle rate to show which website areas and confusing and difficult to use. The session recordings can be ranked based on the struggle score
- Sessioncam supports many third-party integrations, including Google Analytics, Optimizely, and more
Cons of Sessioncam as One of the Competitors
- Hotjar has more features than Sessioncam
- Sessioncam provides limited access to prices and documentation
The pricing of Sessioncam is quote based
Sessioncam Free Version
Not available but you can request a 14-day trial
Inspectlet as One of the Alternatives
Similarly to Sessioncam, Inspectlet tool records visitors as they browse your website. You can see every conversion step with the eyes of your customer and understand what goes wrong (if anything does). Compared to other Hotjar alternatives and competitors, Inspectlet is more focused on session recording. Click maps and scroll maps are just complementary features.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Inspectlet
Whereas Hotjar doesn’t offer real-time analytics, Inspectlet immediately displays statistics on visitor interactions. Both competitors provide a test version and several paid options. Unfortunately, in Inspectlet, the heatmap data on mobile device visitors isn’t always accurate
Pros of Inspectlet as One of the Competitors
- Inspectlet has advanced session recording features
- Data is segmented by device type
Cons of Inspectlet as One of the Competitors
- Inspectlet supports much fewer integrations
- Inaccurate data on mobile users
- Inspectlet stores one session in multiple files, which may be confusing
Micro – $39/month, Startup – $79/month, Growth – $149, Accelerate – $299, Enterprise – $499
Inspectlet Free Version
Clicktale as One of the Alternatives
Clicktale is a cloud-based marketing analytics platform. Unfortunately, they don’t provide sufficient information to compare their service with other competitors and alternatives. The prices are hidden. What we know is that Clicktale offers session replays, mapping software, and sales funnel tracking.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Clicktale
Both competitors include personal dashboards, provide behavior mapping features, and support all platforms (web, iOS, Android, Mac, Cloud).
Pros of Clicktale as One of the Competitors
- Instant access to session recording once you click any relevant report in the Clicktale dashboard
- Clicktale captures experience sensors that help to evaluate specific behavior, such as typing speed, hesitation, and duration. This improves targeting and fraud prevention. Many other competitors, including Hotjar, don’t provide such detailed insights
Cons of Clicktale as One of the Competitors
- Limited information about Clicktale in free access
- Clicktale may take long to load
- Poor usability
Not provided by Clicktale. Based on some online reviews, the cheapest plan will cost you at least $99/month
Clicktale Free Version
Clicky as One of the Alternatives
Clicky is a web analytics service with heatmaps, session replays, SEO and SMM tools. Similarly to Plerdy we have described above, it supports alerts that will instantly inform you about any significant changes on your website. Don’t let the outdated interface confuse you – it’s a quality platform.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Clicky
The setup process of these two alternatives is very similar. They can also be installed with the help of Google Tag Manager or as plugins for WordPress, Shopify, Magento, and other popular platforms. Compared to Hotjar, Clicky is quite inconvenient to users without proper knowledge of English. The localizalition process is performed on a volunteer basis. Generally, Clicky is more suitable for website analytics, whereas Hotjar is recommended for conversion optimization. Thus, make sure you know your needs before choosing any of the competitors.
Pros of Clicky as One of the Competitors
- Clicky supports a widget that allows you to view website analytics without leaving its pages
- The prices are more affordable than those of competitors and alternatives
- Clicky SEO alerts
- Variety of third-party plugins and adds-on
Cons of Clicky as One of the Competitors
- Clicky may have occasional speed problems
- File export limitations
- Minor data inaccuracies
Pro – $9.99/month, Pro Plus – $14.99/month, Pro Platinum – $19.99/month, Custom – varies
Clicky Free Version
Fullstory as One of the Alternatives
Fullstory is a CRO platform similar to other described competitors and alternatives. It also has heatmaps, reporting, and detailed visitor behavior analytics. Besides, Fullstory provides ultimate customization since you can black- or whitelist domains, geographic location, or IP to enable or disable recording.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Fullstory
Fullstory provides features for UX improvement and is more expensive than Hotjar, but it also offers more features. Both competitors are GDPR compliant and very easy to install. Hotjar may become a better choice for small and medium companies.
Pros of Fullstory as One of the Competitors
- Variety of features
- Fullstory is very helpful to fine-tune your visitor experience
- Export of CVS and JSON data ready for analysis
- Fullstory skips the periods of inactivity during playback
Cons of Fullstory as One of the Competitors
- FullStory is more expensive than other competitors and alternatives
Fullstory provides business and enterprise plans priced on an individual basis
Fullstory Free Version
Optimizely as One of the Alternatives
Optimizely is more than one of Hotjar competitors – these tools integrate with each other. If you can afford both, you don’t need to pick.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Optimizely
To put it shortly, Optimizely is a multi-functional platform for A/B front-end testing. It can do what Hotjar doesn’t, and vice versa.
It’s quite hard to tell which of these competitors is more suitable since they are designed for different purposes. With Optimizely, you can create different versions of a webpage to test its effectiveness, whereas Hotjar is meant for visitor behavior analytics and CRO. If you cannot afford to pay for two of these alternatives, mind your primary needs.
Pros of Optimizely as One of the Competitors
- Optimizely supports easy A/B testing (no need to have coding skills)
- Excellent documentation and onboarding
Cons of Optimizely as One of the Competitors
- Hidden pricing (other competitors and alternatives usually openly share such details)
- Requires integration to perform the same functions as Hotjar
Optimizely doesn’t disclose its pricing. Generally, there are three plans: Essentials, Business, and Enterprise
Optimizely Free Version
Matomo as One of the Alternatives
Matomo is a web analytics platform that can be hosted on your server. Like other described alternatives it includes heatmaps and form analytics.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Matomo
Both alternatives pay a lot of attention to visitor data privacy and GDPR compliance. Nevertheless, Matomo took security a step further and launched GDPR Manager, which can be used to check whether a specific website is compliant. In terms of the pricing, Matomo and Hotjar belong to the same category. In Matomo, you can buy additional pageviews for €2 or €3, which is great if you don’t want to upgrade your account.
Pros of Matomo as One of the Competitors
- Matomo tracking based on IP addresses
- You can obtain raw data for maximum accuracy
- Matomo is open-source and freely accessible
- GDPR Manager (a unique feature that isn’t available in many other competitors and alternatives)
Cons of Matomo as One of the Competitors
- Matomo users complain about insufficient help resources
Essential – €19/month, Business – €29/month, Enterprise – discussed on an individual basis
Matomo Free Version
Not available, but you can request a 21-day free trial
VWO as One of the Alternatives
In VWO, a heatmap is only an additional tool. This service is dedicated to website UX and design testing. The team of VWO stresses that this tool can do more than HotJar and its alternatives and even illustrates this with a table. The product comprises several tools, including VWO testing, VWO Insights, VWO Fullstack, VWO Engage, and VWO plan. You can combine them to your liking.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs VWO
Similarly to Hotjar, VWO comprises a basic heatmap and form analytics. Yet, it’s also a very effective service for A/B testing which is unavailable in Hotjar. You can use it to see how visitors react to your design solutions before making drastic changes.
Pros of VWO as One of the Competitors
- Supports visitor behavior analytics both on a launched website and its test versions
- No data limits
- A/B testing that isn’t provided by all alternatives
- Several tools in one
Cons of VWO as One of the Competitors
- Need to switch between tests
- Occasional overlapping of heatmaps within A/B tests
- More expensive than other competitors and alternatives
Depends on the combination of tools selected. For example, VWO Engage starts from $99/month, whereas Fullstack will cost you $1999/month
Not available, but you can request a 30-day free trial
Ptengine as One of the Alternatives
Ptengine functionality is mainly suitable for website analytics and customer engagement. Unfortunately, the website doesn’t provide detailed information about Ptengine features.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Ptengine
Ptengine has a lot in common with Google Analytics. Yet, it cannot fully substitute Hotjar since the features are more limited. In case you are looking for something tried and tested, Ptengine may not be the best choice.
Pros of Ptengine as One of the Competitors
- Ptengine displays data in real time
Cons of Ptengine as One of the Competitors
- Ptengine website doesn’t work properly and some important sections are unavailable
- Delays in data updates
- Poor data accuracy
- Ptengine performance is slower than the performance of its competitors and alternatives
Ptengine is priced in yen, so get ready to convert the currency. The cheapest paid subscription will cost you approximately $130/month, medium – $265/month, and the most expensive – $450/month.
Ptengine Free Version
Zoho Pagesense as One of the Alternatives
Zoho Pagesense is a conversion optimization platform that allows you to set performance goals, conduct A/B website design testing and URL split testing. Zoho Pagesense comprises heatmaps, session recordings, and form analytics.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Zoho Pagesense
These guys dedicated a separate page on their website to explain why Zoho Pagesense is better than Hotjar, its competitors and alternatives. They boast iframe support, goals tracking, and complete session playback features that Hotjar doesn’t have.
Pros of Zoho Pagesense as One of the Competitors
- Pagesense supports A/B testing that is very useful to improve UX
- Real-time statistics
- Zoho Pagesense offers cheaper subscription plans
- Advanced report segmentation that isn’t always offered by other competitors
Cons of Zoho Pagesense as One of the Competitors
- Customer support should be improved
- Zoho Pagesense users complain about occasional bugs
Zoho Pagesense Pricing
Standard – €17, Professional – €79, Enterprise – €419 (if paid yearly)
Zoho Pagesense Free Version
Not available but you may request a 30-day Zoho Pagesense trial
Smartlook as One of the Alternatives
Like many other described competitors and alternatives, Smartlook is a website conversion platform. It works well both on websites and Android or iOS apps.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Smartlook
Both competitors are GDPR compliant, so you won’t need to worry about data privacy while using them. Besides, they provide a money-back guarantee, which is great.
Whereas Hotjar can offer you more in terms of features, Smartlook provides a deeper insight into visitor behavior. If you just need to see how visitors behave on your web resource, opt for Smartlook. Otherwise, you may need something more diverse and multifunctional.
Pros of Smartlook as One of the Competitors
- Smartlook focuses both on website and mobile app analytics
Cons of Smartlook as One of the Competitors
- Some users complain that Smartlook may skip sessions
- Visitor geolocation issues
- Smartlook doesn’t collect data on interactive elements unlike some of its alternatives
Smartlook is slightly more expensive than other listed competitors and alternatives. There are two types of plans, for websites and mobile apps. Website Starter – €31/month, Website Power – €79 /month; App Starter – €48/month, App Power – €96 /month
Smartlook Free Version
Decibel Insight as One of the Alternatives
The last position on our list of competitors and alternatives is Decibel Insight, customer experience analytics service. With the main focus on heatmapping software, it also provides session replay that shows any deviations in visitor behavior.
Comparing Alternatives: Hotjar vs Decibel Insight
Decibel Insight is just what you need if you are looking for an easy-to-use website maps. You can check them separately or view in the same window in real-time. Apart from that, Hotjar is more advanced than Decibel Insight
Pros of Decibel Insight as One of the Competitors
- Decibel Insight supports Hybrid heatmaps that unite several types of maps for additional convenience
- Dynamic website maps (not all other competitors and alternatives display data in real time)
Cons of Decibel Insight as One of the Competitors
- Decibel Insight supports a narrow scope of features
- Hidden pricing of Decibel Insight
Decibel Insight Pricing
No information about Decibel Insight cost was found
Decibel Insight Free Version
You need to schedule a demo
Summing Up the List of Hotjar Competitors and Alternatives
As you can see, the options are almost unlimited. We won’t recommend you to use certain alternatives and competitors since everything depends on your needs. Just remember that despite being very effective, Hotjar isn’t the only option. Sometimes, a service with simpler features and focus on heatmapping may be all you need.