We stand for 🇺🇦 Ukraine. You can find more information and donate here
As usual, on the initial stage of the project, we completed an SEO-audit and agreed upon the direction of our work and our priorities. Based on the audit results, the technical works were done to correct all found shortcomings and after that, the site was opened for indexing. We also defined our working strategy: at first, we optimized the main sections of the website, and then focused only on one of them, namely “Bicycles”.
As the result of our work on this category, it got the major part of traffic and the number of visitors increased from 60 to over 200 per day. In addition, now bicycles and different kinds of accessories are the most profitable products of the store.
At the beginning of the online store promotion, we developed a content plan. It defined how to write and use the necessary content, including SEO text for categories, filters, and product cards.
The main task was to develop the store and make the “Bicycles” section as successful as possible.
To achieve our goals we had to:
Also, we completed monthly monitoring and control tasks:
SEO-audit is a basic activity that is crucial for the future success of the project, so that’s where we started from. Based on the audit results we created a list of technical shortcomings and asked our programmers to eliminate them. Our specialists analyzed external factors (competitors and peculiarities of this market segment) to create a strategy for the following 6 months.
As it was mentioned above, the store is quite big and it has several hundreds of product categories. However, at the client’s request, we worked only with the main ones. So we did the analysis and defined the categories that should have been optimized to cover a maximum number of search queries and use the client’s budget in the most effective way. This service is called “content plan”.
The optimization of the main categories lasted for three months. During the first month, we did various analyses and audits, corrected all found flaws, and wrote SEO content. From the second month, we started to increase the number of external links and continued optimization of the main categories.
Starting from the 4th month, we focused only on one section of the site, once again as the customer’s request (we don’t recommend limiting the work to one website section, if you have more, as this way you lose a significant portion of the audience and significantly restrict the potential development of the project). As the customer insisted on such strategy, we decided to do as much as possible to develop the “Bicycles” section and ensure there were enough landing pages for optimization. We completed a latent semantic analysis and created a list of filters to be turned into static pages and later on optimized.
We also analyzed goods in this section and selected those that could increase the number of organic visitors and cover product keywords. Thus, our work was focused on optimization of filters and product cards.The backlink strategy was also adjusted to the client’s demands. In most cases, links led to the “Bicycles” section, the products of this section, or the main page. This allowed us to significantly increase the organic traffic and get 200 visitors per day.
The results were quite promising, yet taking into account that the store was new and not well recognized among the users, we offered our customer a crowd marketing service. This way we promptly attracted users’ attention and significantly increased website credibility with the help of positive feedbacks on forums and blogs. In addition, we wrote reviews of the priority goods to enhance the received results and earn more trust of the customers. This helped to improve the conversion rate, which resulted in 203,774 UAH revenue at the end of the 6th month of the cooperation.
Visitors per day from organic search
Online store ROI